Monday, November 12, 2012

First 10K!

First off.
I'm sorry.
I'm a horrible blogger.
I don't know if I can even call myself a blogger anymore!
But I'm doing it anyway

So I'm pretty sure my last post I mentioned that I was training hard for a 10K.
Well....


I did it!
All that hard work finally paid off! 
I followed a pretty general training schedule that I found on the web.
Probably not the best one.
But hey.
It worked!
 Wondering how I did?


I wanted to be faster than 1:20:00....
Then I got thinking last week...
"Shoot. I think I could actually pull off 1:15:00!"
(After running 5 miles in 59:11)
...
......
........

Final time: 1:12:15
BAM!
Holy shiznat!
 I really could not believe it!
And!
I ran the WHOLE thing!
6.2 miles.
Just like that.
wow.
:-D
   
 And I couldn't have done it without the help/motivation/answering all of my dumb questions from this awesome girl and my just as equally awesome work paht-nah!
They were soooo awesomely awesome that they met me around my last mile and ran with me to the finish line! 
That extra motivation was desperately needed!
For my first 10K it was VERY hilly.
And I knew that upon signing up.
But didn't know it was going to be torture that bad. 
And the worst part was there was no service so I had no pandora to keep my mind off of my breathing like a wild woman deep breathing!
I tried my hardest to do negative splits. But it didn't happen. Still happy with my times though! And I finished strong :)
 

But.
It's over.
I kicked that 10K's butt.
And I feel awesome about it!

Look at the awesome sweatshirt we got!

 
I can't wait to get back out there and kill my PR.
:)
Interval training next on the agenda!

But first.
Some Chicken Stir Fry I whipped up tonight

And some wine while I blog :)

Ahh. This is the good life.

 

1 comment:

  1. You freaking ROCK!! You killed that race and did SO SO Awesome! nice job B!

    ReplyDelete