Saturday, July 28, 2012

Zelda Symphony!

Wow. Just wow.
That's all I could think about while listening to the Pittsburgh Symphony Orchestra play my ALL TIME favorite video game music at The Legend of Zelda: Symphony of the Goddesses! AMAZING!
I couldn't believe that my sister and I were actually there! Talk about goosebumps! Chills! Tears! Some of the pieces were very moving Just...AHH! So amazing!
They sounded exactly like if I was playing through the game singing along to the melodies...only a GAZILLION TIMES BETTER!

Remember how I said I was going to take lots and LOTS of pictures??! Well....I did...however it was with my sisters camera. Soooo ya'll have to wait until she cleans them up nice and nice :)
I do have some to share with you though!

WARNING! NERD ALERT! NERD ALERT!

Here's Meela putting the elf ears on me :)
 Doesn't she do an AWESOME job?!

Then here is the final result NERDINESS!
(Reminding you we could have made our Cosplay's sooooooo much better if we didn't start them 3 days earlier!!)
For you non nerdy folk. Cosplay = dressing up just like your favorite video game character :)
Meela was Link...I was Zelda (from the game Twilight Princess)
We got SOO many weird looks on our way to the Mann Center in Philly :) It was awesome!
Especially being stuck in traffic on stupid 76. Ugh!
But once we got inside everyone LOVED our costumes :) We took a bunch of pictures with some random people, made little kids eyes light up, and even got interviewed for a youtube show! I will def let you know when that goes viral! :)

I really want you to listen to the The Legend of Zelda 25th Anniversary CD so you know what I'm talking about! Even if you aren't a fan of the game, this is an awesome masterpiece of different classical styles of music :) I love it!

The next day only got better when I found a store in King of Prussia mall that sells ALL RETRO VIDEO GAMES!

 I nearly fainted :)

OOO and I totally want this backpack for....what is the next holiday....Christmas!
Link looks like he's dead haha!

Btw. I just found out TODAY that they are planning on having a LIVE performance of Lord of the Rings Soundtrack to one of the 3 movies next year! How awesome is that?!? If only they could do Harry Potter!

I think that is enough nerdiness for today :)
I can see your head swelling from all this NERD TALK!
I really hope you're not weirded out now!

Real Quick! 
I did 2.97 miles today in 38.27 :) 
Not too shabby for not running since Tuesday!
5K next Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment