Saturday, August 4, 2012

Another 5K under my belt!

Nazareth Blue Eagle Memorial 5k on a hot and sticky morning?
Done :)
Official time was 43:30....not too shabby. Slow and steady doesn't win the race, but I do feel...accomplished.
Yeah that's it. Accomplished :-)
I ran with my work Sissy Beka! She was a trooper! It was really really hot and muggy, hard to breathe, a.k.a. worst weather nightmare. But we both made it together. I wanted to finish it with her! She is one of my running supporters! So what did we do? Pushed each other to keep going. Amazing teamwork and friendship! I love us!
After we crossed the finish line we cooled down, stretched, and....
Had ICY'S!
Best idea ever to have an ICY truck at the finish! 
Did some fancy pictures while recovering from a brain freeze...



Awesome.
I can't wait to sign up for another 5K!
I know I can do even better the next time :)

After going back home to clean up, Beka and I went to a Baby Shower :)
One of our motivations to finish was our friend Nichole's fudge!
Omnomnom! And we got some at the shower! 
It was laid back, fun, and air conditioned :)

I have to say this was one of the best Saturday's I've had in a while :)


Here's to training for more 5k's!

1 comment:

  1. Awww, I love us too. Thanks for sticking with me, I was just not in the zone. Next time, though, you just keep going and don't worry about me. :-P

    ReplyDelete