Friday, August 10, 2012

Glorious!

Remember when I was having trouble staying motivated?
Well lemme tell ya. I've kicked that lazy S.O.B. outta here and now Bert is shifted into full gear!

Ever since I ran the 5K last Saturday I've felt Glorious. Yes. GLORIOUS! That is my word for the week. Glorious. I wonder how many times I can say glorious in this glorious blog of mine :)

Any hooters. I'll take ya back to the weekend.
Sunday = rest day. And boy what a rest day that was! I really wanted to take a recover run before church. Yeah right. Honestly. Took a step outside to see what the weather was like...."EFF THIS! Nope. Not today." Holy cow was is muggy! Muggier than the 5k on Saturday! Went to church and slept the afternoon away. It was glorious :)

Monday= Good 2.19 mile run in the evening :) Wasn't the fastest, but still good. This was the day I discovered a pain in my ankle. I ignored it stupid me and kept running. Didn't hurt the rest of the night though!

Tuesday= Ankle was a little stiff in the morning. Tried to work it out and loosen it. Felt ok for the rest of the day. Then I hit the trails in Jacobsburg with Hubbers and our friend and his dog Yoshi (Ahh I love that name!) Only did a 1.5 mile run, but it had some hills. Phew. Good pace! The hills however aggravated my ankle a bit. But the temperature at 7pm was Glorious!

Meet Yoshi :)
 Isn't she the most adorable pup??!
Our night concluded with this beautiful sunset while eating some well deserved fro-yo! :)
Wednesday= Ok. Have to do some cross training. Not only to give my gimpy ankle a break, but I need to tone up everything else on my fat body! Swimming. Such a great way to workout! I might have read it in a blog somewhere? :) Tried to do some freestyle. Learned a very important lesson. I need a one piece swimsuit for this. HAHA! Luckily I tried this with just my hubbers around. But just doing the breaststroke I was mooning the birds up in the trees! I was able to do the fly and backstroke without any wardrobe malfunctions tehe :)

Thursday=Stormy day. Plus it was freaking hot outside! This equals sitting on my lazy ass heading to the gym! Ankle was still a bit ehhhh so I hopped on the elliptical for 35 minutes. No pain! Glorious. AND I got to watch the U.S. Women's Soccer Team beat Japan for the Gold! WOOOO! USA!!!

Today= My most favoritest day of the week :) And also my good friend's birthday! HAPPY BIRTHDAY SCOOT!! I'm almost guaranteed to have more than my share of alcoholic beverages tonight....SOOOO I'm going to leave you now and hopefully have a nice 1-2 mile run before it rains! 

P.S. I'm hoping to head to the running store tomorrow during my travels and see if they have advice for my ankle problems?! Maybe some new sneaks are in my future! 


GLORIOUS! :)

3 comments:

  1. You can do the breast stroke!??! That's GLORIOUS :) and impressive!

    ReplyDelete