Sunday, August 19, 2012

Running, Family & Friends, and Pumpkin Cookies!

Welp. We did it again! Another 5k done!
My work sissy and I finished the 1st Annual Palmer 5K :) 

And we kicked butt! Both of us beat our last 5K times :)
Last time- 43:30
This time- 35:13!!
Eff yeahhhhh buddy!
AND I felt like complete death great afterwards! My feet were screaming at me...but that's because I hardly walked :)

Today is a different story though haha! My recovery run later on will be interesting...to say the least!
After our awesome finish, sissy got me DD! Ahhhhh so amazing!

Idk if I told you...but...since I bought those compression socks for myself...and hubby doesn't understand why I spent that much money on them....I agreed to push a DD strike on myself for 2 weeks. Oh. Em. Gee. This is the hardest thing I've done alllll year long! Especially since I stop for coffee almost every morning. Aye yai yai. However, the clause doesn't say anything about other people buying it for me!!! Tehehehe :) 

Then to continue with the GLORIOUS weather, I went to my family picnic to chow down on some hert dergs and hermbergers! Ermergerd! We had a birthday cake for my Mimi and one of my other kinda related relatives! Haha.

I left the picnic to get ready for the perfect night for a fire with some of mah bestest friends! 
(Saturday was jammed PACKED with fun!)
I made some beer bread, spinach and artichoke dip, smore's stuff, and........
I got to make my FAVORITE cookies of ALL TIME yesterday! 

PUMPKIN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
If you haven't tried them
I feel sorry for you MAKE THEM NOW!

CAUTION: These cookies may cause extreme "yummy in my tummy" syndrome and not enough over eating may occur followed by sugar rush/crash. :)
Here's the recipe:
 Ingredients:
1 package of spice cake mix
1 15oz can of pumpkin
1 bag o choc chips (your choice)

Preheat your heating device (oven) to 350 degrees.

Mix the can o' pumpkin and spice cake mix in a large bowl.
Add choc. chips.

Place spoonfuls of the batter on a greased cookie sheet.
Bake for 18-20 minutes.
And Voila!

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies!
These are "cakey cookies" and are moist and delicious!
I hope you enjoy!

I know we did :) It really was the perfect night for a fire, complete with plenty of fall beers, laughs, and great friends!
Cheers!

P.S. Do you like the new color scheme on the blog?
Let me know!

2 comments:

  1. I love the new header!! And i love you love running…and pumpkin cookies.
    If there are any left over.. #HookASisterUp

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice job to you and your sister!!!
    and- pretty mad at you that i have to go BACK TO THE STORE, to get stuff to make cookies.
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete