Monday, August 13, 2012

Fantastic weekend!

I enjoy...
70-80 degree weather,
A cool breeze,
Cuddling with my husband,
Sunday breakfast/lunch brunch with family,
Nights out with friends,
Nighttime swimming,
Running,
and
Being a lazy butt
Free weekends :)

All of which I got to enjoy this weekend!
Words canNOT express how happy I was to have a weekend where there was NOTHING on my schedule! 
You need these every once in a while. You time. Not worrying what others want you to do. Do whatever you feel like doing. 
Let me tell you...
It felt glorious! ;)

I enjoy running?
Woah. 
Yes I do!!
This weekend was amazing weather wise :) I'm glad to say I took full advantage of it too!
Look what the mailman delivered on Friday!
Those are my brand new compression socks from procompression.com! Neon yellow FTW.
Naturally I had to run on Friday night so I could try these suckers on.
Question.
How come no one told me how STINKIN' HARD it is to put these damn things on!?!?!?
Geez Louise!
I got a workout just putting them on my chunky legs!
But I can tell you that I'm in love with them!
I have a huge problem with shin splints. Ouch. 
And not to mention my retarded ankle.
But my legs felt fantastic on Saturday/Sunday :)

Saturday was a day of recovering from a hangover relaxation day ;)
Relaxed with a nice hot cup-o-joe and toast with apple butter..mmmmmmm.
(I forgot to take a pic of the toast before I ate it teheh)
Got to eat lunch with my Mimi and Mom at Panera.
I freaking love Panera!
If Panera was a person I'd totally marry him/her.
(Sorry Andrew :-p)
Got Ditto some new toys too! (obv. not at Panera)
 
I also cleaned the apartment.
Something I haven't had the energy for in a looooong time!
It smells sooo good in here now :)
Later on Hubbers and I went out for ice cream with mah sis and her newwwww boyfriend :) (oo-la la!)
He likes video games and Potter Puppet Pals.
We have a winner!

Sunday I kicked myself in the butt for not getting up early for a run. What a gorgeous morning! 
In my defense...Mom gave us a memory foam mattress topper thingamajigger to try out.
I was NOT getting out of bed.
Too darn comfy! 
However. I did run 2.15 miles after church/brunch/food coma. 
And it was a darn good run too!
Ran 10:40 mile (one of my fastest hahahah)
But I felt good with it! 
Before you know it I'll be able to do 3 miles...then 4...5..6! 
Haha.
Let's not get carried away :-p

This week I tallied up all the miles I ran (4/7 days)
7.4 miles.
Damn. I'm surprised I ran that much! (Remember I'm a beginner!)
So as a reward, Hubby and I went and got some brewskies to enjoy out at the pool!
Omg. They already have the fall beers out!
Blue moon has a new one!
Delish. Def a must try.
Autumn.
Jeans. Hoodies. Sweater klogs. Pumpkin EVERYTHING :)

Sorry. I was daydreaming!

But fall isn't here yet...so we're getting in all the pool time we can!
Even if that means swimming under the lights :)
Ohhh yeahhhhh.
:)

I wanna know...
What's your favorite season?


No comments:

Post a Comment