Thursday, August 23, 2012

Last minute...

What do I do on a Saturday morning when I have nothing planned?

If you guessed sleep.
EH WRONG!

I'll be running another 5K of course! :)
Bring on The Color Run in NYC!
Yep you heard it right. This country gal is going to the Big Apple (Brooklyn to be exact!)
I'm not particularly fond of the city.
Too busy
But...this is a great opportunity! Someone couldn't make it at last minute so I'm jumping in!
SOOO EXCITED!
 
 I'll be running with these two awesome ladies and a couple of girls (and a guy) at work!
I seriously love  the girls I work with!
They have offered me so much advice and support about my new love of running :)
If I had a bad run, they'll know about it, but just tell me to brush it off and tomorrow is a start of a new day! Even the best have bad runs sometimes!

Have I mentioned I was excited about running this 5K?!
Cause I totally am :)

  I made up my mind yesterday at work.
Then I realized.
Crap.
I didn't run on Monday OR Tuesday!
So I got my butt out and ran last night. 2.15 in 27 minutes (With a cool down!) 
Not bad. Not bad
Freaking hills are a killer. But I will conquer them one day!

 Different subject.
Hubbers got new glasses! Buttttt I forgot to take a good picture of him :-p
I got to make fun of his old glasses :)
 I was getting strange looks from Andrew's phone afterwards...



I see what you did there


Also, My hubbers is so awesome, he made me dinner! I didn't get to take a pic before I smashed it with some gravy, BUT The Pastie was awesome!
Pastie? I hope most of you know what it is. I find myself explaining what it is A LOT!
A Pastie= Kind of like a meat pie. Beef, potatoes, sometimes onions in a pie like crust!
It's delicious. That's all you have to know :)




Andrew and I get into an argument about the best condiment to put on a pastie. 
He likes ketchup.
I love gravy. The meat kind! 
Not the "gravy" that Italians call their tomato sauce :-p
That was a BIG surprise when I first met Andrew's Italian side of the fam! Haha.
"Gravy on Spaghetti?!"

Any hooters,
Hoping to get some awesome pics this weekend to share with you!

What kind of spontaneous things do you like to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment