Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Perfume and Chicken Pot Pie!

Holy Guacamole!
I don't know if I'd rather smell a sweaty italian guy or a miss "i'm too perfect to stink when I sweat" when I'm at the gym!
Here I was, going like crazy on the elliptical and watching the USA vs. China volleyball match, minding my own business. (GO USA!!!)
And BAM!
A horrific smell of ASS stinky flowers stung up my nose and proceeded to burn the HELL outta my throat and lungs!
Holy hell woman!!
I'm guilty of spritzing a little coconut spray on before heading out of the locker room from time to time...
But douching myself in a shower of "burn my eyes out" flower crap gas before I jump on the elliptical?
NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
Oh. Em. Gee. 
Of course I had like 10 minutes left on my workout and I didn't just want to quit. Thought about moving to another machine.
But you know, as soon as I did that an old guy gets on the last one. 

Eff. My. Life.
 Why am I complaining so much?

Well here's a
NicetoknowaboutBert fact #9
I am allergic to pretty much ALL flowers, mostly because of the pollen, but definitely cause of the smell of those stinky pretty things too!
Not to mention dead skin dust, ditto pet dander, grass and tree pollen.
Oi.
It sucks. A lot. Gets me out of cutting the grass though!
I don't think there is a day in my lifetime that I didn't sneeze!
Wouldn't be surprised if I sneezed my way out of my momma either. LOL
Ew. That's just nasty.
 
Bottom line. It was really hard for me to breathe. Had to pretend my nose was clogged like a toilet at a sauerkraut festival.
On that note. 
All I did today was 33 minutes on the elliptical.
Tomorrow is my rest day before the 5K on Saturday! 


So Chicken Pot Pie?
I decided to actually cook again and make individual chicken pot pies for the hubby and I :)
WW approved!
Let me tell you. My house = smells like grandma's kitchen!
Omnomnom!


But first I had to spend some time with my kitteh Ditto.
Don't mind the eyebrows. Totally getting plucked tonight!
 
So back to the poultry in a bowl with yummy crust thingerrr..
Threw everything in the pan and let it cook, added flour and chicken broth....
Voila!
I need a moment..:)
 
Then I placed in these cute things that I haven't used since....never!
 
For the "pie" part....a.k.a. the best part
I used these Grand biscuits!
Scared the shit outta me!
 Hate those tubes.
The recipe called for only a half of a biscuit to put on top.
...
......
Hahaha! They're funny!
Like anyone can only eat half a biscuit!
I put a whole biscuit on top :)
 Don't worry, I put the extra points in :-p

Baked in the oven...duh....
and TA-DA!!!
Wow.
I canNOT wait to dig into these!
Andrew is still at work. Bummer. He'll have to hurry up if he wants his pie.
 
It might be gone when he gets here ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment