Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sand on the mind!

 Countdown to Vacation officially started a month ago starts NOW!
5 am Friday Morning canNOT come soon enough!
I want this hat. (But Andrew thinks I look ridiculous)
Today started out awful. Apparently I can't drink coffee while wearing a white shirt :(
Gosh darnit. That was one of my favorite shirts too! I'm trying to salvage it as we type speak.
I thought yesterday was long. Boyyyy was I wrong. Let's just say work kept me very very busy today.
But Team Double D's were still able to get a 30 min walk during our lunch break :)
And stopped to smell the weeds flowers!
You're asking yourself...who the heck are the Double D's?
Story time!....GO!
I have these 3 girlfriends at work who, like me, love to spend time outside. The gym I go to on campus made a challenge available to all employees.
The Challenge: 
Track your food intake (Check!)
Track your exercise time/distance (Check!)
Encourage others to accept this challenge.
Tracking, weigh ins, and your duration of exercise gives you points towards the team! 
Oh yeah.
Challenge Accepted!

We named ourselves the Double D's....short for the Dengue Divas ;)
(ow owwww)
I will definitely keep you posted on how well the Double D's play!

Back to this vacation thing ;)
Virginia Beach is SOOOO close!!
And can I tell you...
Eating most of this...
 (Vegetarian Nachos for Moes = heaven for a fat kid that loves cake)
 ...
BEFORE trying on bathing suits...
IS THE WORST IDEA EVERRRRRR!! 

My spirits? 
I watched them dive off a cliff.
But what did I do?
Complained, whined to Andrew, got REALLY ANGRY
Came back home and did this:
Workout Log:
30 minute walk (done at work with the Double D's)
3 sets: squats (10 reps each) WITH front arm raises
3 sets: lunges (on each side- 10 reps) WITH bicep curls
2 sets: side leg raises
3 sets: Shoulder Presses
How do I feel now?
...
.....
Still defeated.
But I do know that this getting in shape thing is a LONG process. And I'm willing to take those baby steps to get where I want to be :)
I have had some great mentors and motivators so far.
Without you I would still be a lazy tub of lard resistant to change!
So thank you :) (you know who you are!)

I wanna know...
Who has impacted your lifestyle the most?!

No comments:

Post a Comment